Friday, August 11, 2006

More Random Crap

I had to be in a meeting from 3:30 to 10 p.m. last night, so I'm feeling a little crabby. (Although some of the folks were in a meeting from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., so I really shouldn't complain.)

Tonight, my mom and I are going to rock it out at the American Idol concert. Woo hoo - Soul Patrol!

I'm bringing spare bras so I can throw them on stage. Maybe I'll buy some big white granny panties and throw those too. That would be hilarious. You always see skimpy thongs thrown on stage, but never granny panties and nursing bras. (Not that I own a nursing bra, but if I did, I'd throw it on stage at a concert.)


Gay Marriage and Snakes on a Plane: Together Again

In lieu of actually thinking up anything on my own, I'm sharing a Stephen Colbert clip where he discusses gay marriage and Snakes on a Plane. It's old, but funny.

Here's my question: when people bring up gay marriage, why is the next step always "If we let people do that, next they'll want to marry their dog?" Yes, because there's a line of people who are trying to have a life-long commitment to Fido. People amaze me.

Click here to see the clip.


Dick Cheney Hearts Joe Lieberman

Speaking of amazing, what's up with Cheney's pro-Joe Lieberman comments? Here's a quote from an MSNBC article:

Vice President Dick Cheney grieved over Lieberman’s loss, calling it “an unfortunate and significant development,” and fretting about “the direction the (Democratic) party appears to be heading in when they, in effect, purge a man like Joe Lieberman.”

Since, when are Dick Cheney and Joe Lieberman BFFs? Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in Bizarro World.


No comments: