Sunday, November 05, 2006

I Survived!

Well, I did it! I survived my very first bellydancing performance ... and it wasn't that bad. I may even do it again! Only a couple of minor mishaps - my veil got stuck to me for a few moments and one of my zils (finger cymbals) fell apart right before I was supposed to use it.

I've included some pictures. The picture to the left is me with one of the women from my class. We've been taking lessons together for about a year and nine months. This was her first performance too. Below (and to the right) is me from the back - just so you can see how long my fake hair was (not because I want you to check out my booty!). I want my hair to be that long for real.

The show was actually really fun. I still don't have any great talent at this, but I feel like I've accomplished something. How many women are able to say they danced on a stage in a bellydancing costume?

On top of that I forgot how much I liked performing. I haven't been able to since I stopped playing my trumpet. It was nice to do it again. Don't get me wrong - I was so petrified for the first two numbers, I was actually shaking, but by the end, I was having a great time.

And best of all: my friends and family came to watch -- Mom, my cousin Casey, Amy, Max, Evie, Jen, Liz and Tina. It was so nice to see friendly faces in the audience!




No comments: