Wednesday, November 08, 2006

We've Got Change

You'll be pleased to know that I won't have to move away from Ohio. Ted Strickland was elected Ohio's next governor over uber-idiot Ken Blackwell. Thank goodness! I'm really excited about the national election. As you know, I'm not a Dubya fan so I'm glad the Democratic Party is in control of the House and will possibly be in control of the Senate (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Virginia). I just don't feel like there have been any checks and balances on Dubya's presidency. I'm hoping maybe some of his stuff will actually be scrutinized now.

Shocker! Britney Says Bye-Bye

Yep, the toxic love affair that went on way too long has finally ended. Britney Spears is divorcing Kevin Federline. I have to admit, I feel a little cheated. Think of all the missed opportunities for jokes. This could've gone on for many more years and I would have had plenty of stuff to make fun of. I wonder who the next inappropriate couple will be? I'm betting on Lindsay Lohan and someone. Or maybe Brit's little sister. Might as well keep it in the family.

America's Next Top Nightmare

I'm not sure if any of you are watching America's Next Top Model, but one of the contestants, Melrose, makes my skin crawl. She's like every single over-achieving perky snotty blonde pony-tailed bimbette I've ever had the misfortune to know. She's by far the fakest girl I've ever seen on TV and she says horrible things about all the other contestants. Whenever she loses, she gets this look on her face like she's going to stab the other girls in their sleep. I just want to punch her silly.

This week my favorite contestant, Anchal, was sent packing. She was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. What I liked about her was she had actual curves - boobs and hips and a stomach - and she looked great. Of course all the other twiggy contestants had to talk about how much she ate and how she was so huge and how she wasn't really that pretty. Girls are just plain mean.

No comments: