Saturday, December 22, 2007

And I Wonder Why I'm Tired

Last night, I woke up out of a fairly sound sleep to find one of my cats (Zoe - if you're keeping track) sprawled across my chest, staring at me. The scary part was that I was actually petting her in my sleep.

A few hours later, Daphne woke me up because she wanted to spoon with me.

I'd kick them out, but they'd meow outside my door all night long. I'm not sure what's worse - incessant meowing or purring/begging for petting.

Oh -I finally finished Inkheart and was very underwhelmed. I didn't really start getting into the story until I was nearly finished. Now that I'm done, I don't even care what happens next. I guess that means book 2 is off my list. (Of course, never say never!) I can't decide what I didn't like about it - I think it was that the characters were pretty flat and lifeless.

I feel bad ripping on it because it's a children's book. But there's so much great children's literature out there, I have little patience for something that isn't up to snuff.

No comments: