Wednesday, December 19, 2007

People are Big Giant Arses Part Two

Let's start with celebrities. I'd make Jamie Lynn Spears my first victim, but I just feel like I can no longer comment on any member of the Spears' family. It's exhausting. There's too much material. It's a train wreck that's gone on for way too long. I'm done. No more Spears for me.

Annoyance #1 - Katie Holmes

Today, I'm miffed at Katie Holmes. Partly because her marriage to Tom Cruise has changed her from an adorable fun-loving girl to a robotic, matronly woman. She's so boring now - and she's younger than me.

I'm most peeved about her recent comment to Parade magazine about being a step-mom:
His first two children are incredible, really smart and kind. They call me “Mom.”
I think it's really cruel that she said that, especially since Nicole Kidman was recently quoted as saying:
My kids don't call me mommy, they don't even call me mom. They call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it.

Nicole Kidman has been the mother to those children since they were born. In fact, the kids are practically the same age as Katie. Ugh.

Annoyance #2 - People Who Send Hate Mail

Seriously. Who has time for that? Poor Erica has had hundreds of people from all over the country emailing her that she should be fired, she's a terrible person and worse.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people in Washington state are so upset about what a high school Spanish teacher is doing in Powell, Ohio. Isn't there more going on in the world? Didn't Jamie Lynn Spears just get knocked up? (Oops! I referenced a Spears again.)

I can't imagine what would ever possess me to send hate mail. I'm pretty annoyed at Katie Holmes, but I'm not really going to do more than post the paragraph above. And to be honest, I'm not even really all that upset - I'm just being dramatic.

No comments: