Friday, May 16, 2008

Fetch Me My Smelling Salts

So I caught some bug Tuesday and was majorly sick for a couple of days. The only positive (and negative?) thing is that I lost about 8 pounds since last Saturday. I'm afraid I'll hit my 70 pound mark this week. They'll ask me how I did it and I'll have to say, "Get the right germs and you too can lose 8 pounds in a week."

On Thursday, I felt almost normal. I went back to work and could eat and drink a little more than I had been. When I went to bed, my back and ribs started hurting and I was freezing cold. I figured I had pulled a muscle when fluffing my sheets and decided to take a hot shower to relax.

Here's the freaky part (and why I'm writing about being sick) - I'm in the shower and start to feel really weird. I saw spots and got really dizzy. I remember clutching the wall trying to hold myself up. Next thing I know, I'm on the ground outside the shower with my legs hooked over the edge with no clue how I got there. I must have fainted! It was definitely my least favorite thing ever - mainly, because if I had hit my head on something, I could have really hurt myself.

I called my mom (what else are you supposed to do after you faint in a shower?) We decided I should eat and drink something. When I fetched my snack, I got dizzy and almost fainted again but managed to get back to my bedroom. Luckily, nothing else traumatic happened and I feel 100% back to normal this morning.

I thought about going to the ER, but it just seemed a little extreme. People faint in romance novels all the time - and when I was in junior high, girls were always collapsing. You can bet I'm calling my doctor this morning, though! No more fainting for me!

No comments: