Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tales of My Butt

Last night, Kelly and I had our monthly evaluations with our personal trainer.  

I actually got fatter.  How is that even possible?

Well, gentle readers, (I've always wanted to write that), let me tell you.  It took a combination of workout laziness PLUS:
  • Fried Eggs & Cornbread at Sage American Bistro
  • Lasagna and wine at my friend Jen's
  • Fish fry & beer at the Shamrock Club
  • Breakfast buffet at Frisch's
  • Pizza at Planck's
This is it - I'm done.  No more crap is going into my body for the next month.  It's really embarrassing to have your Personal Trainer look at you like you're the Goodyear Blimp.

Here's what I'm going to do in March:
  • I'm cutting out sweets (except fat-free pudding, sugar-free hot chocolate and maybe the occasional teensy scoop of low-fat ice cream if I can fit it into my calorie budget).   I've also found that whole wheat English muffins with honey are a reasonable substitute for donuts.  No - it doesn't taste like a donut AT ALL, but the flavor blend fools my tastebuds.
  • I'm hitting the gym five times a week for the next month.   Of my five times, I'm going to do at least two strength training sessions a week.  The rest of the time is going to focused on running so I can burn off the duplicate arse that is growing out of my backside.

  • I'm reducing alcohol consumption.  I realize that makes me sound like a big lush, even though I'm totally not.  I'm going to limit myself to two drinks (glasses of wine, cocktails or beer) a week.  That seems like that'll ll fit into my social life!

  • I'm limiting bread.  Not that I'm anti-carb, I love carbs!  I just find my butt cheeks look better when I eat more lean protein, fruits, veggies and whole grains like brown rice and oatmeal.

We'll see if this helps!  If I'm paying money for a Personal Trainer, there's no reason I need to get fatter. That's ridiculous.  I've worked hard to lose and keep off 50 lbs for six years, which is phenomenal.  But, I'm starting to creep up and that's a danger zone.   Three pounds can quickly turn into 40.  And I'd really like to get this last 25 pounds off so I can be at goal.  That would rock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you & wish I had your vigor - I'm still only going to the gym 2x per week!