Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Get Out of My Face!

There's nothing more disconcerting than waking up to find a cat staring at you. I never know how long Daphne's been sitting there, whether she's plotting to carve a tattoo into my cheek or if some small spider (eeek!) has found its way to my pillow.

What I THINK she wants is for me to roll onto my side and let her under my covers, so that's usually what I do.

It's doesn't make for a very restful night. Last night, I dreamed that I plugged something into the wall and got electrocuted. In the dream, I staggered around my home clutching my chest, finally collapsing in a heap in front of my dad saying, "I don't feel right." Luckily my alarm woke me up before I died - isn't there a myth that if you die in dreams, you die in real life? Let's hope it's a myth! Although I usually manage to wake up before I kick the bucket...

I think what might have REALLY happened was that Zoe sat on my chest. Since she weighs about a gazillion pounds, I think she crushed my inner organs and made me dream I was electrocuted and having a heart attack. Either that or I felt guilty about the butternut squash ravioli, egg nog pancakes and Cold Stone Creamery Peanut Butter Playground cake that I ate with my mom over the past two days. Is it possible to clog all of your arteries in one long weekend?

No comments: