Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year Peeps!

I've decided I'm getting too old for New Year's!

It was gross and crappy outside so Simon and I decided to stay in for New Year's. We ordered pizza. I made spiced nuts, pan-fried onion dip and bourbon balls. For drinks, I made flirtinis (champagne, vodka and pineapple juice) and Champagne, Darling Freezes (a fun drink Rachael Ray concocted that involves sorbet, champagne and vodka). Simon was a big fan of the flirtinis although he wouldn't say the name when he was talking to one of his friends on the phone.

We had a very wild night of watching Gremlins (which I've never seen) and an episode of Sanctuary. Gremlins was kind of gross! We both started falling asleep during Sanctuary. When it finished at 10:30, I had the brilliant idea of going to bed and setting the alarm for 11:40 so we could watch the ball drop.

Sadly, that's what we did! We woke up at 11:40 - flipped on CNN (I heart Anderson Cooper) and watched the ball drop. At 12:01, we went back to bed.

So sad!

No comments: