Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back from Vacay!

What a week!

It started two Saturdays ago when I woke up early to jog/walk around my neighborhood. As I was running, I tripped over a pothole and wrenched my back. I couldn't run and could barely walk but managed to hobble back to our condo. I decided it would help to lie on the ground. It did...until I tried to get up. I couldn't move. I had to call Simon and have him help me get up. I almost went to the emergency room, but luckily a hot shower and Advil worked wonders.

Car Travels

After that, we headed to my parents' new place in Martinsburg, WV. With my two cats. Who do not like cars. Six hours of yowling. At one point, Simon suggested letting them out. I figured it was worth a shot. I was wrong. It wasn't worth a shot. Daphne stood on her carrier and yowled at the top of her lungs. It took me 10 minutes to get her back in. Really, Daphne was the troublemaker. Zoe just stayed in the carrier looking miserable.

My Parents

My parents got a great deal on their new house -- it was in foreclosure. It's GIANT. I think our entire condo could fit in my parents' living room. You could wander around for hours looking for someone and never find them.

We went out to eat two night, grilled out another and had my grandmother over for my dad's birthday on another.

There was also some swell television finale viewing. Lost -- I was very annoyed at first but quickly warmed up to the finale once I understood what happened -- and the Biggest Loser finale. That show is so inspiring. Losing 250 lbs is miraculous. Although, what was up with the giant skull on the winner's crotch? It was the most horrible belt I've ever seen.

D.C. in a Day

Simon and I took the train to D.C. for a day. I've never felt so stupid in my entire life. It took us 10 minutes to figure out how to pay for our train pass. We wouldn't be good on the Amazing Race.

We took a trolley tour of all the hot spots. We saw the Air and Space Museum, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington Monument, Natural History Museum and the White House (well, we rode by it.) It was loads of fun, but we would need at least two days to truly see everything. Ideally, a week.

Fixing Up the Old Homestead

We got back on Wednesday night and have spent the rest of the week unpacking and putting the condo in order. It's starting to look really good AND feel more like a home!

I also went to see Sex & The City 2 with Vicki and Angela on Friday night. It was cute. I liked the first one better, but this one still had many redeeming qualities!

Now I need to fix up me. I've been eating like crap for the past week and not working out at all. (We're talking ice cream and peanut butter m&ms.) I think today will be much better. I went for a jog (no back issues) and am brewing up a pitcher of iced tea!

No comments: