Monday, June 21, 2010

Drop It Like It's Hot

Since I made it through the traumatic job-quitting experience, I decided I needed to have a mini-celebration to boost my spirits. (I'm happy about the new job, but I hate quitting jobs. I always feel like a traitor.) Simon and I went for a fun dinner at House of Japan or whatever that Japanese steakhouse in the Polaris area (not Benihana) is called.

Since it was a celebration, I opted for the shrimp and scallops. The scallops come in an incredibly yummy egg yolk sauce that should probably give you an immediate heart attack. I hardly ever eat stuff like that, but it was a celebration! Sadly, the snotty woman at the end of the table scoffed at my egg yolk sauce. She looked absolutely horrified. Her loss. It was delicious. And she didn't want any of the bean sprouts, so she definitely doesn't know good food.

Simon and I were at a table with a family of four and a mother/young daughter combination. I enjoyed my plum wine and plum wine martini all the same.

Afterward, we convinced my friend Vicki to meet as at a nearby Mexican restaurant for margaritas. It was so much fun! They had a telenovela playing that I almost enjoyed as much as the margaritas. (Speaking of margaritas, on The Desperate Housewives reunion show, crazy Kelly said she invented a drink called the Kelly which consisted of lemonade, beer and patron and that it was delicious. Then the Countess said, "Isn't that a Mexican margarita?" Was she unaware the margaritas ARE Mexican? Those housewives are not the brightest bulbs!)

Afterward, we went to this place called 3Monkeys, which has been 8 gazillion other clubs in the 7 years I've lived in the Polaris area. It was AWESOME. We got there at 9:30 and stayed until 2 a.m. There were only 12 people there. Vicki and I danced our booties off and we were the only ones dancing. We were requesting New Kids on the Block and "The Humpty Dance" and all kinds of 80s and 90s music. Good times!

Of course, when I woke up on Saturday, my body was like "What did you do to me? I'm too old for that kind of stuff." It was totally worth it!

No comments: