Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy

I read the book and I'm ready to go.

I don't think it's going to be easy to be sleeveless and sexy in 6 weeks. It might take 7.

Here are the basic principles:

  • Exercise in the morning (I've already messed this one up -- but I'll catch it tonight)

  • Eat within one hour of waking up a meal combing protein, high-fiber carbs and healthy fats. (check)

  • Eat 3 meals a day with one optional snack (not sure how this is going to go)

  • Avoid white flour, high fructose corn syrup, soda, artificial sweeteners and overly processed foods. (I think I'll get a 90% on this today - although now that I think of it, I'll get 100%. In the book, she said the grilled chicken salad at Chipotle is a good fast food option as long as you use salsa as dressing.)

  • Stop eating 3 hours before you go to bed. (Will be challenging)

  • Get 8 hours of sleep. (Will be challenging -- I share a bed with a man and two cats.)
Here is my quandary. In order to work out in the morning, I have to get up at 5:30. If I'm running, I can eat within an hour of waking up. If I'm jazzercising, I can't. I'll have to do arm exercises at night either way - I can't face weights at 5:30 in the morning.

I work until 6. In order to get 8 hours of sleep, I'll have to go to sleep at 9:30. That means I'd have to stop eating at 6:30 p.m. Sadly, I'm not Rachael Ray, so it's challenging for me to get a meal prepped and on the table in 30 minutes.

I'm not sure if it's more important to sleep 8 hours or stop eating 3 hours before bed or eat 1 hour after I wake up. I guess I'll have to do my best at all of these things, but it's going to take me at least a week to get used to the pattern.

No comments: