Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My So-Called Frantic Life

And now we've reached the frantic part of my life - good times!

  • Reception - Last night, Simon and I met with the site manager of our reception site. Luckily, we nailed some details down and it's all going swimmingly.

  • Book - I'm in the middle of Incarceron. I'm really enjoying it, although I'm still unclear about what it's about.

  • Running - I got up this morning for a 28 minute run. I ended up feeling really good at the end, so kept going for an additional 4 minutes. I ran a total of 2.6 miles - maybe there's hope for the four-miler next week. Uh...maybe not.

  • DJ - Today, we met with our DJ. We set boundaries like Lady GaGa and NKOTB are good - anything from the Grease soundtrack is bad. We also decided that requests are OK - but karaoke is not.

  • Tanning - I'm up to 11 minutes and I'm getting a little darker. Hooray - we won't look like an Oreo Cookie at the altar.

  • Men's Warehouse - Our three ringbearers are supposed to wear rented suits because I think it's stupid to spend big bucks on mini tuxes. When they got fitted, the sales folks accidentally put them in tuxes. I cleared up the mistake - now the boys' outfits will cost $49 instead of $89. I'm an awesome bride!

  • Pizza - Tomorrow is Slice of Columbus, where all the pizza places compete for best pizza honors. It's how we discovered the greatness that is Jet's Pizza last year. Today, Simon said something about skipping it since we're trying to get in wedding shape. I thought I was going to cry. I've been looking forward to it. We comprised. Simon decided he will eat nothing at all tomorrow. I will eat breakfast and lunch and pizza too. (I am not a meal skipper - it makes me cranky. I've never understood people who skip meals and those crazy folks who were so busy, they "forgot to eat." I've been so busy I have skipped lunch, but I certainly didn't forget that I was supposed to be eating lunch.)

  • Pre-Marital Counseling -- We have Round 2 on Thursday. In this session, we're supposed to discuss proper ways to fight. I'm going to vote for passive-aggressive pouting.

No comments: