Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Too Young for a Booty Pop?

Tonight, I was making the endless after-work trek through downtown Columbus. When I stepped outside my building, I saw a mom with a baby in a stroller and a young girl who looked about 7ish.

The mom was fussing with the baby and the girl was dancing around, looking at her reflection in the windows. I didn't think anything of it, until I realized she was doing a booty pop a la several slutty pop songstresses/ strippers.

I may have an unrealistic view of this because at age 7, I was a giant tomboy and barely realized I was a girl. I just think 7 seems too young to do suggestive dance moves.

I realize she probably didn't know what she was doing. She probably just saw it on TV. Still, it makes me want to home school any future children I have. Who needs social skills, anyway?

No comments: