Monday, November 28, 2011

Squeaky Clean

I went to the dentist today.

My hygienist told me I had very nice teeth, but I need to floss more.  He then did the coolest thing ever to my teeth.  Instead of scraping my teeth with that Captain Hook looking thing, he used some sort of shop-vac, sand-blaster thingamajig on them.  I absolutely loved it.  My teeth were cleaned in a jiffy and they look extra white too.  Plus, using the shop-vac thingamajig meant he didn't have to put all the crap he scraped off my teeth on that napkin around my neck. That always grosses me out.

I suspect he had to use the special tool because I wasn't the best flosser.  But, who cares?  I liked it much better!

The dentist examined me and told me I had a small cavity between my teeth but he wants to watch and see if it gets bigger.  That sounds kind of fishy to me - I thought you were supposed to get fillings when you get cavities.  Am I going to spend the rest of my life with a gaping hole between my teeth?

And of course, since he was 12, he felt the need to ask me if I've ever spoken with an orthodontist about my overbite.  Um, I'm 35 and of course I have.  I would need surgery before they could do anything with braces.  Personally, I'm not willing to have my jaw broken and put in the correct place in order to have a better smile.




No comments: