Friday, January 20, 2012

I Have a Phobia

I just learned that I have a phobia.  One of my friends posted the following on Facebook:
So...... I found THE most disgusting picture today while Googling the definition of Trypophobia...... it made my stomach sick instantly and is now burned into my mind for involuntary recall. So, I had to share it with my husband...... he is not happy with me.... whoops!! But the laws of marriage say we share everything, right?
As everyone knows, the best way to find out how bad the milk smells is to smell it yourself.  So I googled Trypophobia.  Do yourself a favor - don't.  The pictures I saw were disgusting and horrible and made me want to gouge out my eyeballs.  To spare you the horror, here's the definition as stated by Urban Dictionary:

Trypohobia is an intense, irrational fear of holes. Trypophobia is an intense fear of the following things, which results in an all-over itchy feeling and general uneasyness. Lotus seed pods, Crumpets, Pumice, Cavities in teeth, the Ampullae of Lorenzini in Sharks, Holes in concrete, Bug tunnels in wood, Enlarged pores of the skin, Aero Bars, Holes in walls caused by bullets, Bone marrow, Wasps' nest, Honeycomb, Bubbles in Dough, Ant holes, Veins in meat, Clusters of holes.

I have always been PETRIFIED of holes - I had no idea it was an official phobia - I just thought it was my weird thing.  Holes completely freak me out.  I can also pinpoint the cause of this fear.  When I was 8 or 9, I accidentally watched the movie Empire of the Ants.

This was one of the scenes in the movie - it happened every time one of the ants looked at something.


It completely grossed me out.

All those circles.

Ick.

In fact, I still have trouble taking bubble baths because I think of all those eyeballs.  And I get grossed out by even more stuff - bumps on frogs, sponges, wasp nests, frog eggs, severe cases of acne...

YUCK!

In fact, I may not be able to look at my own blog until that picture goes away.

No comments: