Wednesday, August 01, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesday: The Golden Lily

I was a huge fan of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series, so I was very excited to read her spin-off series, Bloodlines.  The first book was pretty good.  I'm now in the middle of the second one, The Golden Lily.  I'm on page 160 of 461.

The Plot

The main character, Sydney Sage, is an alchemist, which is basically a magical person who cleans up after vampires to keep humans from finding out about them.  She's undercover at a boarding school protecting a vampire.  And that's pretty much all I can say without giving away what happens in two series of books!

The Verdict


So far, so good.  I'm still pretty early in the book so I'm not really sure where the plot is going.  For the most part, I think Sydney is a smart, admirable role model for young women. However,  she's a little too obsessed with her weight. It's annoying me. She refuses to eat sugar or fried food or anything.

Supposedly, she's a size 4.  If I were a size 4, I'd be eating cream pies every day!  (Or at least once a month.)


No comments: