Sunday, May 14, 2006

Throbbing Head + Exhaustion = Crappy Weekend

It's yucky outside and my head feels like it's going to fall off my body. I'm drinking a nonfat vanilla latte from Starbucks - woo hoo - and I just popped 2 Sudafed Sinus Headache. I'm hoping in about 20 minutes I'll be feeling like $1 million bucks (or at least $1).

I have worked all weekend long - until 11 a.m. on Friday and from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. When I went to leave at 2, I got paged and had to work until 3. I got back to my apartment and got paged repeatedly throughout the night, so I had to work some more.

I slept until 10:30 this morning - something I never do. I managed to drag my lazy butt to the gym and did 20 minutes on the treadmill, got paged again and had to do more work.

I also need to buy my mom's Mother's Day present. She had an EKG run last week (just for the hell of it, the doctor said) and it came back abnormal. Apparently, she's had a heart attack some time in the past 3 years and didn't even know it. It's more than a little scary - although obviously she's doing fine. She's only 52, but we have major family history. In fact when I was little, I thought heart attacks were the only way people died. It was all I ever heard about. I thought I was thinking about getting her some American Heart Association cookbooks, but that might be tacky.

On the plus side, I'm all caught up on Alias and hope to soon be caught up on 24. I'm baking Butterscotch Banana Bread. I'm reading the latest Charlaine Harris book - gotta love Sookie Stackhouse!

OK - my headache is not going away and I now feel like I'm going to throw up. I'm going to curl up in a ball, pray that I don't get paged again and take a nap.

No comments: