Thursday, May 11, 2006

What The World Doesn't Need: Another President Bush

Ugh - I read an article where both Papa George and Dubya were raving about what a great president Jeb Bush would be. I think we've had all the Bush this country needs. I don't want Jeb. I don't want Laura. I don't want the Bush Bobbsey Twins.

That man in office is an embarrassment to the entire country. We've handed over all of our freedoms to him in the name of "making this country a safer place."

Privacy? What's that? Nothing's private anymore - not our phone calls, not the books we check out at the library- probably not even the number of toilet paper rolls we use a week. Probably someone's monitoring the Charmin and when we use too much a little red button lights up and someone's spying on our house to see if we're harboring a terrorist.

And Speaking of Embarrassing Republicans...

Ohio's full of them! In addition to our laughingstock governor, Kenneth Blackwell is the Republican nominee for governor as well. In my opinion, he's a pompous, shady, self-righteous bible beater who for some reason thinks he can lead our state to greener pastures.

The man actually said (when talking about same sex marriages):

I don't know how many of you have a farming background but I can tell you right now that notion even defies barnyard logic ... the barnyard nows better.
What's interesting about that quote is that there actually are gay animals, which proves that it's less of a choice and more about who you were when you were born.

When I think about how conservative and religiously freakish this country has gotten, it scares the crap out of me. I think Ohio is the worst. I may have to move someplace warmer and bluer. In fact, someone in Ohio (a youngster too) actually said:

This country was founded on Christianity. If you read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, those were written by Christians. The first settlers in this country were Christians. If you don't believe in God, fine, but don't try to make rules for the rest of us."
And what I would like to say to him is - why is it OK for Christians to make the rules for non-Christians? There are just as many different types of Christianity as there are different types of religion. It's not fair for our government to favor any religion - it's supposed to be a government for the people. And the people aren't just those who are born again.

In Less Serious News...

Can you believe this story? Here's a quote from the article:

A 23-year-old with a foot fetish has admitted he tried to kiss, fondle and
lick the legs and toes of more than 70 women on the New York subway over the
last three years, prosecutors said Wednesday.


Yuck! Can you imagine being on the subway and having some pervy weirdo licking your toes? Feet creep me out anyway - having a stranger touch them? I would have to cut mine off.

No comments: