Sunday, June 11, 2006

If I Wanted to Wear a Polo Shirt, I'd Build a Time Machine.

I was searching Old Navy for a pair of capris for my upcoming trip to Toronto. I've never seen a more horrifying collection of clothing in my whole life. Madras print, polo shirts, Bermuda shorts - if I wanted to wear that crap, I'd build a time machine and head back to the 80s where those items belong.

And don't get me started on gauchos. Does anyone look good in those? They have to be the most unflattering clothing item ever. Ugh. In fact, double ugh.

New Hair - Woo Hoo

I went to see my hair dude, Joseph, and he fixed me up for my new "looking for love in all the wrong places" status. I have black streaks! And lighter brown streaks and medium brown streaks - all in this zig zag pattern around my head. It's so cute - I feel a little rockerish. (I swear, it's way more subtle than it sounds - Joseph is a wonder!)

Rocking Saturday

This has been the best weekend I've had in a really long time. Yesterday, Scott and I went to see X-Men 3 and to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Personally, I thought the movie sucked, but he liked it. (Although, when he said he liked it, I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. )

Then, I went out with my pal Stephanie to hear a local band play -- The Iry. Some of her former students are in it, but they're actually pretty good. I forgot how much I like listening to live bands - I should do it more often! Afterward, we stopped by Friday's, where I had another Mudslide Martini. (In case you're wondering, an angelic choir sings whenever I type the words "mudslide martini.")

And Yet Another Book

I finished one of the latest Desiree Shapiro mysteries, Murder Can Really Mess Up Your Mascara, by Selma Eichler. Desiree is a middle-aged, overweight private eye who amuses the crap out of me for some reason. It's a nice, light read. Interesting characters, interesting story, not great literature. The first is Murder Can Kill Your Social Life, in case you want to check out the series.

No comments: