Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Teeth Hurt and Other Random Thoughts

I went to the dentist tonight to have my annual cleaning. Whoopee! I hate the dentist. I don't like the scraping and whirring sounds. I don't like the bibs. I don't like the masks or the chairs or the lights. I HATE the polish. I hate the sharp thing that pokes my gums and my teeth. All in all, it sucks.

She also sand-blasted my teeth to get them even whiter. Hated that too. It made my teeth feel gritty and pretty much creeped me out.

I also learned that I have a tooth that is completely rotated. It grew in backwards - works fine, just faces the wrong way. In my 29 years & 9 months of existence, don't you think a dentist would have mentioned that to me before now? Ugh.

She also gave me the name of an oral surgeon for a consult on jaw surgery. She seems to think he can get it covered by my medical insurance because it's medically necessary. We'll see. I can't have braces without the surgery and I'd like to get braces. But having my jaw broken sounds painful.

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana

I got this from my Hungry Girl newsletter. (If you're not familiar with hungry-girl.com,you should check it out. It's great!)

HG's Banana Cream Pie Bonanaza!
(170 calories, 0.5g fat, 123mg sodium, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 17g sugars, 4g protein = 3 points)
  • 1/3 cup light vanilla soy milk
  • 1/3 container of Yoplait Light Vanilla Yogurt
  • ½ medium banana (frozen, cut into pieces)
  • 3 packets Splenda
  • 2 oz. water
  • 1 tsp. Fat Free Vanilla Coffee-mate creamer (powder)
  • ¼ bag Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs, Honey Maid Cinnamon Thin Crisps (crushed)
  • 6-8 ice cubes
  • 2 Tbsp. FF Cool Whip or one serving of FF Reddi-Whip

Place soy milk, yogurt, banana, Splenda, water, creamer (dissolved in 1 oz. water), half of your crushed thin crisps, and ice in blender. Blend on highest speed for 30-45 seconds. If you don't have a powerful blender, you may want to add the ice slowly, to make sure it crushes properly. Your smoothie is ready when it's at your desired consistency. Pour into a tall, pretty glass. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon thin crisps on top. Enjoy a lot!

In a word, yum! Be sure to try it - it's delicious!

Library Thing - It Rocks!

OK - I read about this (LibraryThing) on Max's blog, and completely had to try it. It's this web thingamabob where you can enter all of your books and it catalogues them - like a library.

That's not even the greatest part. It tells you other books you should try based on what's in your library. You can even find other people who have libraries similar to you and see what books they have. It's AWESOME.

(Although my co-worker said it sounded like "Friendster for nerds." I'm not really sure with Friendster is, which means I probably am a nerd. Oh well. Wouldn't be the first time! )

No comments: