Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ouch, My Aching Head!

Last night was the famous Tasteless T-Shirt party thrown by one of my co-workers (John - pictured at right with Jen, another co-worker).

Wacky shipping rules prevented my original ideas so I had to shop at the local mall.

Party Prep
I found semi-tasteless shirts at Spencer's - every 12-year-old's favorite shop. The problem was buying them. I actually blushed as I took the shirt to the cash register. I'm not really a tasteless T-shirt kind of girl.

Jen suggested I try Waterbeds 'N' Stuff where she had purchased a shirt with glow-in-the-dark skeletons in various sexual positions. Intrigued, I zipped to the nearest store. I had to go to the back of the store (which happens to be the sex toy section) for the truly tasteless shirts.

The shirts were hanging up so the oily, pimply 18-year-old boy working there had to help me. Instead of letting me read for myself, he read every one out loud to me. Surrounded by rows of dildos standing next to a trenchcoaty man eyeing a box that said "anal intruder," I listened to Pimply Pete saying "That one says 'Muff Diver'" and '"That one says 'Let's Play Poker' and it shows a couple having sex on a poker table." Lovely. Like I could miss that. Unfortunately, or fortunately, all of the shirts came in XL so they were way too big to be cute.

And Party Time
I went to Jen's for a quick veggie supper. She made this really yummy tomato salad with fresh basil and a dressing made of shallots, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. She also made a casserole with sliced zucchini and summer squash topped with soy cheese. So delicious!

After dinner and a couple of cocktails, we picked up a few more folks and headed to Metro for the party. (That's part of the crew in the photo to the left!) It was lots of fun - people were so creative with their T-shirts!

We talked to a ton of random people, tried a shot called a 'Red Headed Slut' and thought about dancing without actually doing it. Around midnight, we went to a bar called Bodega, which had a cool vibe.

Unfortunately, I learned that really drunk boys like to talk to me. This one weirdo was sitting with us. He was so drunk he didn't even make sense. He kept trying to show me something on his phone and when I finally looked at it, he kissed my cheek with big slobbery lips. He was like a Saint Bernard. Finally, Jen says, "It's cool that you came over here to talk to us but you can go back to the bar now."

Too Much Party
Unfortunately all those drinks and cocktails had quite the effect on me and I'm actually hung over for the first time in months. No worries - I didn't drive. Jen has a guest room and I crashed there last night. So today, I spent most of the day moving from couch to bed to couch to bed.

I was supposed to go see Poison tonight - it was way too hot for starters, but also, loud heavy metal music and pounding headaches leaves a little to be desired. Tomorrow is back to work for me. Woo hoo! Work is actually preferable to how I'm feeling today - no more drinking for me!

No comments: