Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So I Had a Date Tonight...

and let me tell you, that was an hour of my life I'll never get back. It was excruciating. It's my own fault. I shouldn't have gone out with someone who just turned 25 in February. It was like going out with Doogie Howser. I was following my opposites rule - choose someone who's completely unlike someone you'd normally choose. He was definitely that.

My friend Liz was telling me she would like to a veto card to present at the beginning of a date if she wasn't interested. I wish I had one too, 'cause I would've shown it off. The second I saw him.

We went to Cap City Diner for dinner. I shouldn't have done dinner, but I mistakenly thought he might be fun even if I didn't want to date him. He was tiny - about my height and super skinny. I could've bench-pressed him. He looked like Doogie Howser (on the show, not as he currently looks.) I felt like I was taking my son out for a "you did a great job on your report card" dinner. And he was not very thrilled with me either. He probably thought he was dining with his Granny.

We had absolutely nothing to talk about. At all. He scarfed down his food - all the better to bolt away from me - and didn't even pull a faux "I'll call you." I was running for my car too, so it certainly wasn't one-sided dislike. He was just so immature. On top of that, he hasn't seen a movie in over a year and he doesn't watch tv. So we couldn't even talk about stupid stuff.

Oh well, at least I got my first post-breakup date under my belt. Even if it was with someone who probably enjoys watching the Teletubbies. My new rule: stay away from younger men!

No comments: