Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tofu Shirataki Noodles Are NASTY!

I tried the tofu shirataki noodles that are much raved about on Hungry-girl.com. They were, quite possibly, the most disgusting things I've ever tried to eat in my entire life. I used the Hungry Girlfredo recipe and even upped the cheese to make it taste better. Still disgusting.

I had to search all over for these noodles - and was so excited when they finally appeared at Whole Foods. Had I know how dreadful they are, I wouldn't have danced a jig in the store.

They come floating in this slimy water - you have to drain and rinse them for a really long time and they still have a slightly fishy odor.

Next I whipped up the recipe, put them on a plate, took a big bite and promptly gagged. I literally gagged. They're rubbery and flavorless - it's like gnawing on a big, plastic-y tube. Horrible. I still can't get the taste out of my mouth. It's seeped in my subconscious.

Wendy's New Taco Salad is Nasty Too

Of course, I have no other food in my apartment so I went to Wendy's and got a taco salad. They have ruined the taco salad. Before, it came with salsa as the salad dressing, hot sauce seasoning on the side and big, thick round tortilla chips. It was the most perfect salad ever.

Now, there's no salsa - just an artery-clogging ranch salad dressing. There's no extra spice. The round, perfect tortilla chips are now seasoned tortilla strips that taste like stale Doritos. In fact, not even Doritos. They taste like stale generic-brand Doritos. I'm so disappointed I may never eat at Wendy's again.

She-Ra Princess of Power Taught My Gym Class

I took on my third Total Body Conditioning class - even easier than the last time (although by no means easy.) We had a great new instructor - she was like She-Ra. Super buff but not in an anorexic-I'm-surprised-her-head-can-be-supported-by-her-twiggy-neck kind of way. Very muscular.

It was inspiring! And she worked our butts off. We had to do all this step stuff (which I hate). I thought I was going to fall over dead during a couple of the sections. I can barely lift my arms now (although obviously I had no problem getting my fork to my mouth!)

P.S. I'm embarassed that I was even the slightest bit nostalgic about He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. It must be Danica Patrick syndrome (which was shared with me by Tina and Liz).

No comments: