Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Checking Out the New Fall Lineup So You Don't Have To

Note: I actually wrote this last night, but it didn't seem to fit with my tribute to the Crocodile Hunter.

Sadly, the fall television premiere season is one of my favorite times of the year. I like watching something from the very beginning so I know who everyone is and what they're doing.

There's lots of crap out there - and I definitely don't want to waste my time watching crap. So, I'll keep you posted on what's good and what's not. Unfortunately, I usually don't get around to watching something until at least a week after it aired...which might be bad for you.

But here's my two cents on two new Fox programs:

Vanished - Mondays at 9 p.m.

This is a serialized tale of a senator's wife gone missing - a bit of a 24 clone without the ticking clock. For the first half of the show, I was bored to tears. I couldn't keep track of the people. There wasn't anything interesting happening.

About midway through, it started to pick up the pace a bit. There was some serious clue-dropping throughout the episode, so I'm curious to see what happens next. I'm not sure if it's going to get a permanent place in my DVR rotation, but for now, I'll play along. Plus, it has a supreme hottie as an FBI agent: Gale Harold.

Justice - Tuesdays at 9 p.m.

I will admit that I'm biased about this show. It stars my beloved Pumpkinhead (AKA SpyDaddy from Alias.) In case you're wondering, he's known as Pumpkinhead because of his big, giant pumpkin-shaped head. Take a gander at his noggin to the left - tell me you don't want to start carving up your very own version in jack o' lantern form.

My own personal bias aside, I thought this show was fun. Pumpkinhead is a pompous media whore, a dreamy Kerr Smith is the lead lawyer - it's great! I'm a huge jury geek so I'm always fascinated when they show how they pick the jury and try to figure out what the jury is going to think. And the best is, they show what really happened at the end so you have no doubts about guilt or innocence.

I'm not sure if this is going to get a permanent DVR rotation - but it just might. It's a little farfetched but enjoyable - plus you don't have to keep up on it. Each episode stands alone. And Kerr Smith (pictured to the right) is really pretty. That might be reason alone to tune in!

No comments: