Saturday, December 23, 2006

No Good Deed Goes ... Rewarded?

I finished up my Christmas shopping today...thank goodness! It was me and about 500 men. I'd say those were 'Sunday morning at the grocery store' odds, but in reality, they were shopping for women so the odds weren't that great.

My Unappreciated Good Deed

While at JC Penneys, there was a really long line at one of the registers - at least 10 people. Lacking patience, I went to the back of the store where there was a register with no people in line. Of course, I'm all over that. As I leave the store, I stop to tell the people waiting in line that there's a line with no wait about 2 seconds away. No one moved. They stared at me like I had two heads. As I leave the store, I turn around. Not a single person went to the empty line - they'd rather stand in line for 15 minutes.

My Wannabe Good Deed

Of course, when shopping with 500 men, you notice them buying things that no woman would want, ever. Every time I saw a man pause in front of a stack of Christmas sweatshirts, I wanted to pull him away, guiding him to the pajamas section or the stack of soft, fuzzy sweaters. I should start a branch of the Holiday Shopping Police.

My "Dream Present"

Tee hee! My friend Jen (from the U.S., not Japan) sent this to me.


No comments: