Friday, March 16, 2007

Just Hang a Feedbag From My Face

Yesterday was my worst eating day ever. I basically ate everything I in sight. My job is super stressful right now and I'm really frustrated. There are departments in my work 'group' that have unrealistic expectations of my department. Somehow, we're always expected to stay until 7 or 8 p.m. every night and be in at 7 a.m. every morning plus work on the weekends. Yet everyone else skips out at 5 p.m.

I was super-ticked last week when some folks in another department needed something done for Monday morning. I said it needed to come to me by 3:30 on Friday because it took a few hours to do. I didn't get it until 7 p.m. They didn't understand why it wasn't done first thing Monday morning. Um...because I'm not working on the weekend and not asking other members of my team to come in on the weekend. It wasn't even anything that was all that important.

It's Not All Bad...

My friend Tina has this theory that your body can only absorb so many calories in one day, so if you eat a whole bunch in one day, it's better than spreading it out over multiple days. I don't know if it's true or even scientifically sound, but I like to think it is. It perks me up immensely.

In fact, today's a new day. I've run out of unhealthy leftovers to eat. Maybe I'll actually eat my turkey tv dinner for lunch.

I'm going to work on creating a Zen -ike atmosphere in my cube. Maybe start chanting and lighting candles. I should buy a spa CD.

I ordered two subscriptions of trashy celebrity gossip magazines on eBay for $13. $13 for both, not each. We'll see if I ever get them, but I like the IDEA of getting them.

And if you click here, you can race some gerbils. That's good times.

No comments: