Thursday, May 03, 2007

Latin Fusion Makes My Bum Hurt

Actually, I think it was probably the squats and lunges from the day before, but after the Latin Fusion class I took last night, my booty was definitely hurting.

It was really fun - the entire class was a combo of Latin-inspired dance moves. (I guess the class is similar to a zumba workout, if you're familiar with that.) My problem was I only know how to belly dance, so I kept adding shimmies and other BD moves. And I can never figure out what to do with my arms...in any type of dancing, aerobics, walking around...

There was a really annoying girl in my class who was complaining because another instructor had said something was a mambo and "it wasn't really a mambo." I wanted to say "Watching 'Dancing with the Stars' does not make you a dance expert." For crying out loud, we're taking a dance AEROBICS class at a gym in OHIO. It's not like we're the dance mecca of the world.


Too Much Bum...

Speaking of bums, I'm a little bummed out this week. I had to weigh in for the first time in a few weeks and I weighed the most I've weighed in a really long time. I almost started crying - especially when everyone in my class was celebrating all these victories.

I know I should be happy for them, but all I could think was that I had gained all the weight these people had lost. I just hate weighing this much - I feel like a puffalump. Well, since I refuse to gain any more weight, the scale's only going to go down from here...

No comments: