Saturday, July 28, 2007

I Heart Chris Hansen

I watched one of those "To Catch a Predator" shows on Dateline NBC. All I can say is Chris Hansen makes the show. He's most hilarious when he busts them out: "You drove 3 1/2 hours to be friends with a 14-old-girl? Aren't there people your own age around?"

My favorite was this 40-something gent who brought some type of lubricant with him. Chris Hansen (you have to say both of his names) is like "What's that in your pocket?" "My phone." "No your other pocket." "Oh -that's K-Y Jelly." "So you brought K-Y Jelly with you on your visit to a 12-year-old girl?" They talk more and the guy leaves. "Oh...don't forget your jelly," Chris Hansen says. Tee hee.


And I love it when he reads their chat conversations out loud in a completely deadpan voice. "You said you were hard." I'm glad Dateline does this - these sickos need to be locked up. I never have understood how men can be attracted to such young girls. I felt pervy the one time I went out with a 25-year-old.

Speaking of pervy, well not really - but I had a blast from my romantic past yesterday. This guy I went out with in November e-mailed me - he was the aide to a Republican member of government. I'm not sure yet if I want to write back - although I kind of want to be snarky and say "Why did you hide from me in Giant Eagle a few months ago?" He was kind of a dumbass, so I feel like I could have some fun being bitchy to him. But that's not very nice...

I'm so nervous about my show today -- here's hoping it goes OK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I remember that guy. What happened to him? By the way, as someone dating a 26 year old, it's not that pervy.

Eljabo said...

Um -- he was a doofus! (To quote Stephanie's mom.)

And trust me...the 25-year-old was PERVY. It was like being out to dinner with Doogie Howser in his early Doogie days...I felt like he was going to tell me about his report card in order to get dessert.