Friday, December 28, 2007

Just Trying to Bring Up the National Average!

Last year, about 1 in 4 Americans read no books at all, which makes me sad, and the average person read about 7.

I read 94.

Before you think I'm a freak of nature, I have a terrible time remembering what I've read. I experience frequent library deja vu (checking out the same books over and over again) so thought keeping track would prevent that. I swear I do other stuff too! I work long hours, spend time with friends & family, see movies, listen to local bands, bellydance, exercise, shop, cook...all kinds of stuff! I just make time to read every day and I read pretty quickly.

Top 10 Books I Read in 2007

Since I took time to track this year, I might as well note my favorites. I tried to rank them, although it's pretty subjective. Here goes:

10) Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster

'Cause sometimes you need a good laugh!





9) The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

'Cause sometimes it's nice to get lost in a fairy tale - even if it's a little scary!


8) Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

'Cause sometimes friendship transcends everything else.



7) Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

'Cause sometimes science fiction doesn't seem so fictional.



6) The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

'Cause there's nothing better than a historical soap opera.



5) Peony in Love by Lisa See

'Cause sometimes you've got to die before you know what the heck is going on.



4) The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

'Cause sometimes the grass ISN'T greener.




3) Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows by J. K. Rowling

'Cause sometimes it's time to say goodbye.



2) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

'Cause everyone has a story, and it's worth finding out what it is.


1) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

Just because.

No comments: