Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm in Love!


Since I have no choice except 'Eat Right or Get Broke,' I headed to Trader Joe's to improve my kitchen contents.

I decided to try the Vegetable Masala Burgers, a veggie burger flavored with Indian spices. Thank goodness I did. These are the very best veggie burgers I've ever eaten in my life. (Knocked Dr. Praeger's California Burgers right down to the #2 spot.)

Personally, I prefer veggie burgers that taste like vegetables, not like fake meat. (Although I've been known to grill a Boca Burger or two at family picnics.) The Vegetable Masala burgers taste like samosas - very thick and potato-y with enough Indian spices to them a little kick. They also contain chunks of other vegetables like corn, green beans and green peppers.

I didn't use a bun - just dipped them in a little fat-free yogurt mixed with curry powder. I combined the burger with a cup of Progresso Weight Watchers Southwestern Soup (my favorite canned soup!) and an orange for a satisfying 4 pt. lunch.

2 comments:

shroud said...

Have you ever had Northstar's veggie burger? Because sweet jebus those things are tasty....

Still, the Masala burger sounds like it's something I definitely want to check out. Indian spices FTW!

amymvt said...

when can we come over for dinner;) I'll bring vegan (low-fat of course) cupcakes!