Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm Not Sure We Should Be Setting This Precedent!

Until recently, my adorable 9-month-old cats have had a not-so-adorable habit of nursing each other. They usually did this if they were sleepy or in a particularly affectionate mood.

Daphne recently put the kibosh on that when she figured out she could nurse herself.

This left poor Zoe out in the cold, who has recently shown a great interest in my fuzzy pink bathrobe. She kneads it and purrs with a dopey expression on her face. She has also recently picked up a charming in-the-middle-of-the-night habit of sitting on my arm and trying to bite or suck my fingers.

Last night, I woke to find her kneading the fuzzy purple blanket covering my bed (and underneath the blanket, my stomach). She was also sucking on the blanket. I don't know if this is about the blanket or me or a combination of the two. Nevertheless, I'm not sure I want it to continue!

No comments: