Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Looking Forward to a Great 2008!

2008 is finally here - one year closer to being incontinent! (My friend Stephanie just shared with me that all women lose bladder control as we get older and there's nothing we can do about it. Ick - bring on the kegel exercises, cause that sounds horrible.)

To bring in the New Year, Steph and I went to the Shadowbox Cabaret Shindig, where we met Amy and Max for an evening of cocktails, bootyshaking and people-watching galore.

I've posted a picture of Amy and me - it's a great picture of Amy. On the other hand, I obviously need to chat with Joseph about my hair 'cause I'm looking like a transvestite soccer mom.

New Year's Resolutions: To Make or Not to Make?

I struggle with whether to make New Year's resolutions. It's easy to come up with grandiose ideas of what you want to accomplish but not as easy to stick with them! I think I'll set goals. That seems less formal than resolutions:


  • Lose 15 Lbs - so I can finally be at my stupid goal weight
  • Run a 10K - I've already done a 5K, why not run further?
  • Be Who I Am- not the me other people want me to be.
  • Have More Fun - no explanation needed!
  • Don't Give Up! - Even though I've gone out with every loser guy who's crawled out from under a rock, they can't all be that way. There has to be a perfect someone for me!
  • Be More Forgiving - 'Cause even if there's a perfect someone for me, he's probably not perfect. And I'm certainly not!

No comments: