To bring in the New Year, Steph and I went to the Shadowbox Cabaret Shindig, where we met Amy and Max for an evening of cocktails, bootyshaking and people-watching galore.
I've posted a picture of Amy and me - it's a great picture of Amy. On the other hand, I obviously need to chat with Joseph about my hair 'cause I'm looking like a transvestite soccer mom.
New Year's Resolutions: To Make or Not to Make?
I struggle with whether to make New Year's resolutions. It's easy to come up with grandiose ideas of what you want to accomplish but not as easy to stick with them! I think I'll set goals. That seems less formal than resolutions:
- Lose 15 Lbs - so I can finally be at my stupid goal weight
- Run a 10K - I've already done a 5K, why not run further?
- Be Who I Am- not the me other people want me to be.
- Have More Fun - no explanation needed!
- Don't Give Up! - Even though I've gone out with every loser guy who's crawled out from under a rock, they can't all be that way. There has to be a perfect someone for me!
- Be More Forgiving - 'Cause even if there's a perfect someone for me, he's probably not perfect. And I'm certainly not!