Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Banana Peels: Fact or Fiction?

I was reading a book the other day (Brother Odd, an OK book by Dean Koontz) and the main character said if there was a banana peel around, he'd slip on it.

In cartoons and movies, people (and giant talking animals) slip on banana peels all the time, to the point where it seems like an epidemic. ("We're not klutzy - we just eat lots of bananas!")

In real life, I've never, ever seen anyone slip on a banana peel.

I slipped on the fake grass at my high school graduation and slid across stage where I was fortunately caught by my superintendent. However, I've never slipped on a banana peel.

I've actually never noticed banana peels just lying around. (Candy bar wrappers, yes, but those don't seem to be quite as deadly in the slipping department

Is it just me? Have you ever tripped on a banana peel or known someone who has? I'll even take a friend of a friend of a friend!

No comments: