I went to the doctor yesterday for a regular check-up and she complained she had nothing to nag me about. Had she hung out with me last night, she would have been more disapproving. I went with a bunch of peeps for a Fat Tuesday celebration and took the fat part literally. Here's what I ate and drank:
- Hurricane - A fruit punch-like drink with alcohol.
- Alligator Gumbo - Yes, with real alligator (tastes like greasy chicken in case you're interested.) To be honest, I never need to eat alligator again. Blech.
- One Fried Oyster - I've never eaten an oyster before - and never need to eat one again
- Fried Catfish with Jalapeno Tartar Sauce - They took their frying very seriously - we're talking extra crispy! It was tasty at the time, but now I regret it.
- Hot Fudge Cake with Ice Cream from Bob Evans - After all that random New Orleans food, I decided I needed some plain old Midwestern chocolate cake so I popped by Bob Evans.
Now I feel absolutely disgusting. It's like a hangover only it's from eating fried, greasy food and rich chocolate cake. Today is going to be a fruit and soup day!
Blast From the Past
At this Mardi Gras shindig, I ran into Marianne, one of my college roommates from my freshman year. Her husband is a trombone player with the band that was booked for the evening.
It was hilarious to see her. She was a musical theatre major in college and used to do these hilarious backflips off the garbage can.
Every once in awhile we'd randomly dress up like 80s ladies. I've posted a picture from one of our dress-up days. Thank goodness I discovered tweezers. And Weight Watchers. You know, I'm always a little surprised when I see old pictures. I forget I looked like that!