Sunday, February 24, 2008

Give It Up Already!

In many cases, I'm fond of the "If, at first, you don't succeed, try, try again" attitude. If I wasn't, I'd be a 1,000 lb shut-in and not the delightful woman I am today,

However, in the case of Ralph Nader, I'm taking the W. C. Fields approach: "If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."

I do not want Ralph Nader to be president. No one wants Ralph Nader to be president. That's perfectly clear from the bajillion elections he has lost. This man should really be named 'The Man Who Destroyed America,' because it's his fault we ended up with a yahoo as our president. (Well, that and the fact that the Supreme Court handed the presidency to Dubya on a platter.)

If Al Gore had been elected president, we'd probably have motorized skateboards to fly around on and we could get rid of bottled water because we could fill up our glasses directly from the sparkling clean lakes and streams. Instead, with Dubya in the house, everyone's broke, the entire world hates us and if you criticize the government too loudly, someone will kidnap you in the middle of the night and waterboard you.

I just don't understand what Ralph Nader is trying to accomplish. We have two excellent Democratic candidates. (Although Hillary's desperation is becoming a little trying.) The Republican candidate is not fabulous - but at least he's not the moronic Huckabee (If you're interested in reading more about Huckabee, click here BUT I'll warn you it's not a page for the easily offended - the language is a little salty.)

To be fair, I can never vote for McCain because he said he'd kill himself if the Democrats took over Congress and he didn't stand by his word. It's like 'Read my lips, no new taxes' all over again. However, he's better than Huckabee. Really the Republican nomination should be 'Anyone but Huckabee.'

If Ralph Nader screws up this election, I am going to hunt him down and make him ride cross-country in a Gremlin.

No comments: