Friday, March 14, 2008

Why I Need to Cancel My 'US Weekly' Subscription

I hate celebrities - yet I'm fascinated with them at the same time. It's a horrible double-edged sword that leads me to subscribe to both US Weekly and OK, even though they're essentially the same magazine.

Here's who I'm finding rant-worthy today:


Lindsay Lohan


I read somewhere that she spends $70,000 a year on self tanner. $70,000! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And if she's spending that much money on self tanner, you'd think it would look better!


Kate Bosworth


This chica is apparently feeling angst about her advanced age of 25. In an interview, she said:


"I feel like I had this quarter-century crisis. Whenever I said before that I was 21 or 22, everyone would say, ‘Oh, see, you’re so young.’ And all of a sudden, you hit 25, and people say, “Oh, right, uh, OK.’ And you’re like, ‘Uh, what do you mean?’”



First of all, by age 25, I would hope she could construct a complete sentence without using so many 'OKs' and 'Uhs.' And really, no one wants to hear a 25-year-old complain about being too old. Especially 31-year-olds. Because I don't feel old (except when I use those magnifying mirrors) and I don't want to be reminded that people who are significantly younger than me feel older.


And really, who wants to be 21 or 22 again? I wouldn't even want to be 25 again. I truly don't mind my 30s - it's actually more fun than my 20s!

No comments: