Thursday, March 13, 2008

On a Toilet for Two Years?

Update: As I read more about this case, I feel awful that I even wrote about i. The woman obviously has severe emotional and mental issues. In general, I don't make fun of the mentally ill (note my recent lack of Britney commentary.)

To make myself feel like less of a tool, I'm going add some updates that answer the questions I had.


I just read the news story about the woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years. By the time the boyfriend called the local authorities, the woman's skin had grown around the seat.

Let's all take a moment to shudder.

I can't imagine the level of butt numbness this woman had to have experienced. And let's be frank, toilets are not exactly the most comfortable places in the world to hang out. If you weren't bathing, the close quarters would make it a little smelly. On top of that, it's not the most scenic environment.

Here are all the thoughts racing through my head:


  • Was there another bathroom in the house or did the boyfriend just go outside? They had another bathroom.
  • Didn't he miss seeing his girlfriend? He came in the bathroom with her - they talked and ate dinner together - just in the bathroom.
  • How long did her hair get?
  • Did she ever get out of the bathroom and run around when he was gone? She did not leave the bathroom but did step away from the toilet.
  • Why did he wait two years before calling the police? If you have to deliver meals to the bathroom, that's a bad sign people!
  • Why didn't he break down the door? He was allowed in.
  • Why didn't the woman get up once in awhile to stretch? She did.

No comments: