Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What'd a Latte Ever Do to You, Anyway?

The Clinton peeps are annoying the crap out of me. I'm miffed at Geraldine Ferraro (a Clintonite) for saying: "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position."


Um, Hillary Clinton is a woman. (I'm not going to make any derogatory Republican'esque remarks about that because I find it offensive that strong women are always depicted as bitches or mannish.) I think it'd be pretty hard for Hillary to be the first female president if she were a man. She definitely couldn't have been First Lady as a man (and that's where she got all her great foreign policy experience.)


I'm also peeved at the anonymous aide who told a London newspaper:


[Barack] Obama has won the small caucus states with the latte-sipping crowd. They don’t need a president, they need a feeling.

Since when did it become a crime to enjoy a latte now and then? We have them here in Ohio - and we have primaries. In fact, they're my favorite coffee drink - energy-boosting espresso combined with bone-building milk. If I'm really daring, I include a shot of sugar-free syrup. In fact, I usually have a couple lattes a month. Most of the time, I drink regular coffee with a packet of splenda. Maybe that's who Barack is popular with - the Splenda-using crowd.

Oddly enough, Barack has more votes from primaries than Hillary. But she isn't interested in facts, she's spinning an image (I used to work in PR; I know all about spin.) The image is that Barack supporters are hoity-toity, latte-sipping, Prius-driving, over-educated windbags who don't understand real people problems. What's amazing is that people are actually buying into that. That seems like an accurate description of Wyoming and Mississippi voters.


I guess I could say all the redneck, whiskey-drinking, gun-toting fools vote for Hillary, but that would be a lie. I was so excited that I finally live in a time where we could have a black man and a woman running for president. I just hate her campaign methods - they seem the slightest bit shady. And she's going need us latte-sippers if she wins the election. Why on earth is she insulting us now?

No comments: