Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Hate Colds

I know you think I've been busy all weekend devouring my Sweet Valley High books, but I want to savor those. It'd be like eating a box of chocolates in one sitting - fun at the time, but then you feel like crap.

Instead, I've been sick. It completely sucked because it was gorgeous outside. On Friday, I got the sore, scratchy throat. On Saturday, I had no voice - plus a miserably sore, scratchy throat. (God bless Popsicles and Fresca.) Today, I had a massive headache and nasty coughing fits. I've been miserable - couldn't even sit upright for most of the day.

Of course, since I stayed in bed most of the weekend, I had plenty of time to veg. I watched Gone Baby Gone (good movie, but not exactly uplifting) and a million episodes of 30 Rock.

Numerous people have told me I remind them of Liz Lemon. Since 'loser' is the adjective most often used in conjunction with the phrase Liz Lemon, I'm not sure that's very flattering. Of course, Tina Fey is every nerd boy's fantasy woman (and if I were a lesbian, I'd be interested too), but they don't say I remind them of Tina Fey. It's always Liz Lemon, who often has lettuce in her hair.

I also read 4 books - the latest Amanda Quick, a book from J.D. Robb's 'In Death' series, young adult book The People of Sparks (the sequel to The City of Ember), and book 2 of the young adult Midnighters trilogy. I'm on a young adult kick - Jen let me read the Uglies trilogy when I was staying with her and I loved it.

Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow. I ordered pizza tonight, which is definitely an improvement to popsicles.

2 comments:

Dear Lovey Heart said...

you shoyld try Bella at Midnight if you are into Young adult lit right now, it is amazing

Eljabo said...

Cool! I checked it out from our library - can't wait to read it!