Monday, May 12, 2008

Actual Quote of the Day

I'm stealing this 'Quote of the Day' concept from my dahling friend Tina...

I spent Saturday and Sunday with Mums, Pops, Brother Ben, Mammaw and my Aunt Janie in sunny, delightful Toledo, Ohio. My grandmother's turning 80 later this month and I overheard her trying to convince my mom and aunt that they should in no way, shape or form put together any type of party. (Which, of course, means we're going to throw the bash of the century!)

Here's what she said:

"I'm like Oprah. She's not one for surprises."

What I love about Mammaw is she knows more about pop culture than anyone else on earth. She keeps up with Survivor and American Idol. In fact, she wants to go to the American Idol concert this summer with my mom and aunt. (If she's going, you can pretty much guarantee I'm going to be there too - that'd be hilarious!)

Last year, my mom was thumbing through Us Weekly and she commented on how happy Jennifer Garner always looks when she's out with her daughter and how stinkin' adorable the Garner-Affleck spawn is. Mammaw nods sagely and says,"Violet." She knew the name of Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck's baby. How cute is that? I barely know it and I'm a huge Jennifer Garner fan!

No comments: