Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Living Vicariously Through TV Folk

All I can say is Betty Suarez sure has an exciting life. I finally have time to clear off my DVR so I'm all caught up on Ugly Betty. Ms. Betty certainly isn't missing out on a social life - she has two men vying for her affections, her boyfriend's baby mama gave birth in her living room, her best friend at work is pregnant with a dead guy's frozen sperm and she gets to write an article for an actual magazine.

In comparison, I spent 15 minutes on the phone today loudly explaining to someone why we didn't need to put a phone number on an employee web site. (Since they call it every day, I figure they can find it without our help.) I'm also sore from yoga. Yes, I said yoga.

I have to say I'm pro-Gio. At first, I liked Henry best but I've decided Betty puts forth all the effort in that relationship. Henry should have to make some sacrifices too. In comparison, Gio is fabulous - he doesn't let her get away with being a martyr. He tells it like it is. He likes her even when she's being a pill. And when he said, "I don't want to be the rebound guy. I want to be the guy," I thought to myself, "I want my very own Gio and I want him to say that exact thing to me." Or something pretty similar.

What's sad is that since I'm currently waiting for my own Gio to show up, I have no relationships of my own to over-analyze. Instead, I'm forced to over-analyze those of fictional characters. Next I'm going to write an essay about whether Bruce Patman is really meant for Jessica Wakefield. (I just started my 3rd Sweet Valley High novel...) Stay tuned!

No comments: