Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Stupidest Thing I've Ever Read

When it comes to the war on terror, we know how to get the job done. You may be surprised to learn our next target isn't Iran or North Korea; instead, it's the insanely perky Rachael Ray.

I admit I once had a bad experience with a Rachael Ray goulash recipe. Also, her 30-minute recipes often take me more than 90 minutes. Sometimes, let's face it, she's just way too chipper. But, in general, she's a cute, accomplished, pleasant-enough person and I feel no great animosity toward her.

That was before she wore the scarf.

In a recent Dunkin' Donuts commercial, she wore a fringed, paisley scarf that looked like a scarf an artsy 40-something woman might buy at J. Jill or Chico's. In general, this wouldn't keep me awake at night.

Thank God for conservative bloggers, because I now know that Rachael's scarf sends a subliminal terrorist message and promotes JIHAD. (And here I thought she was just guilty of using a little too much eye makeup for my taste!)

I'm grateful that conservative bloggers showed me the light. I had no idea terrorists touted EVOO and shopped at Chico's. (Although, Rachael Ray IS a tan brunette - just like most terrorists - so I shouldn't be surprised. Remind me to stay out of the tanning bed this summer - it looks to be a bit of a witchhunt. The Republicans know they're in trouble this November, so they're going to start with the fear-mongering and macho patriotic bullshit.)

All joking aside, Dunkin' Donuts actually CAVED and pulled the ad. I'm pretty appalled by that - the fact that they even credited those conservative bloggers with a single rational thought is beyond me. Seriously, this whole brouhaha is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Can't we be fashionable anymore without raising the terror level? And it's Rachael Ray for pete's sake. If we were talking Bavarian Cream donuts, I might see their point. Next we're going to line everyone up and start pointing out the reds.

The other thing that bugs me is since when do we have a problem with the entire Muslim population or people of Middle Eastern nationality? We have legal United States citizens who are both. Personally, I have no problem with Muslims. They can have their religion. I can have mine. When we die, they'll go to their afterlife. I'll go to mine. No big whoop. Their beliefs have absolutely no effect on me.

I swear Obama better win. Otherwise, I'm moving. I can't take this stupidity anymore.

No comments: