Sunday, June 01, 2008

Dancin' With the Desperate Housewives!

It's once again time for the Memorial Golf Tournament here in Columbus, which means insane traffic and tons of drunken Dubliners complete with fluorescent wristbands and pressed khakis.

I'm not really a tournament girl. I'm sure I'd have fun if I went (when do I not have fun?) but it's expensive and crowded. Give me a good voter registration event any day of the week!

Last night, I went with my friend Jen and her friends to the Corazon, a "50,000 square-foot, three-level Mediterranean-designed social, fitness and spa lifestyle club in Dublin." Jen's friend Harv is in Old School (a band) and they had a gig there.

Holy smokes, this place was fancy-schmancy. It had a stunning pool with little round couches you could sit on and a private beach with a lake. There's a spa, tennis courts, indoor pool and restaurant. Plus, the entire place has a Tuscany theme so the landscaping and decor was exquisite. Of course, it was a little too rich for my blood - a Young Professionals Membership for those of us under 34 is $82 a month. I guess it's only a little more expensive than my most expensive gym membership - but it feels too hoity-toity for me!

The crowd was hysterical - although definitely not my peeps! It was a bunch of gorgeous 40-something Dublin moms with their less-attractive rich husbands. The outfits were equally scary - a lot of sundresses and halter tops. Plus, there were fake boobs a plenty and face lifts/ botox galore. These ladies know how to get down, however. They were drunk and dancing up a storm! One went up to the band and tried to grind all over one of the singers. Another grabbed a set list off the music stand and kissed it, leaving behind a ginormous slobbery red lipstick print.

It was fun - but I'm kind of glad I'm never going to be one of those women - it seems like way too much work and way too much surgery money. Give me my imperfect body, low maintenance duds and wind-blown hair any day of the week!

No comments: