Saturday, July 12, 2008

At Least There Was Ice Cream

All I can say is poor Stephanie. I dragged her through a debacle of an evening last night. We were going to do dinner and a movie.

I got out of work late PLUS I had to buy cat food, change my clothes and feed the cats. Getting to a 7:40 p.m. movie was already a little sketchy. Of course, we didn't have time for fun dinner choices, so we ate at Dairy Queen. Sad, I know. Although while we were there, we saw some woman with shorts were so short, her underwear was hanging out the bottom. Blech!

Then we went to see Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay at the dollar movies. (Excuse me, the TWO dollar movies.) In all fairness, I thought Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle was hilarious. I didn't think this movie was funny at all. Granted, we left after 20 minutes, so it could have easily become the funniest movie on earth, although I'm doubting it. There were just some really gross scenes. I didn't really care for prisoners giving the guards blow jobs (particularly the sound effects) and I wasn't a fan of the bottomless party. Call me crazy, but I don't like looking at women's hoo-hoos. (That word's for you, Shannon!)

After bailing on the movie, we tried to go to Jeni's Ice Cream in Grandview but couldn't find parking and people were lined up outside the door. Instead we went to Denise's Ice Cream in Clintonville. It doesn't get the press Jeni's gets, but it's REALLY good. I had the Sweet Buttered Corn ice cream, which was quite tasty. And best of all, I think it counts as a vegetable! (In some universe somewhere.)

No comments: