Tuesday, July 15, 2008

On the Phone Again

I'm singing the headline "on the phone again" to the tune of "on the road again." (What can I say? It's been a crummy day! I'm in working on my second glass of wine.)

Last night, I volunteered to make calls at my local Democratic Party office. Basically, I called random strangers to see what presidential candidate they were likely to support.

My phone banking was uber fun - except I kept making myself sick with my incessant perkiness. Most people like Obama. I only had two ladies yell at me. One screamed, "I'm not interested." In what? I'm not trying to sell you something. Someone else screamed at me because I had the wrong number and apparently she gets 4 or 5 calls a week asking for the same person. It's not like we're all working from the same phone listing. If she tells me it's wrong, I'll fix it - but I can't fix everyone else's call sheets.

I told the office guy I'd do it again next week. Watch out! I may be calling you soon...

I think I've handled this entry quite well for being a little tipsy!

No comments: