Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Eeek

One of my favorite things about Bob Evans used to be the Sunshine Skillet. I haven't had it for years because it doesn't seem to be the healthiest thing on earth. I was reading a nutrition book and it cited the Sunshine Skillet as one of the worst things ever.

It's 948 calories and 72 grams of fat! Yikes...

My fork will never touch another one of those for as long as I live. I wonder if I can make a low-cal version at home. It's so delicious.

Convention Watch

I was so proud of Hillary Clinton last night. I'm not her biggest fan - but I loved her speech. People were criticizing her because they thought she should be more pro-Obama, but I thought she did a terrific job. There are a lot of people who maybe aren't huge fans of Barack Obama - it was a nasty primary process. But, it's important that they understand that when they vote for John McCain, they aren't voting for a bipartisan maverick. They are voting for George W. Bush's 3rd term.

My favorite line was:
I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like him? Were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer while raising her kids? Were you in it for that young boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?


What's funny is Barack Obama got some flack for calling his wife cute. Some women said it was condescending and sexist. I think when you marry a woman like Michelle Obama, there's no way you can be sexist. She wouldn't let you get away with it! I would be thrilled to have my husband (if I had one) call me cute! John McCain called his wife the C word. (And I don't mean cute.) No one seems to jump all over him about that.

If you're a woman, McCain is the wrong way to go. He doesn't respect women. He voted AGAINST equal pay for equal work. I'm sorry, but I work just as hard as any man and I don't think it's fair that men can legally get paid more than me for doing the exact same work I do. This is 2008, people.

No comments: