Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm Trying to Curb My Political Addiction

It's a sickness. I can't stop reading news stories. I can't stop examining every nuance of this election. I just see this as such a historic opportunity to make our country better. I actually find myself appalled when people say they aren't paying attention to the election. I also find it appalling when people say they don't see a difference between the two candidates.

Case in point - at that Saddleback thingamajig, the candidates were asked to name three wise people they would listen to.

I thought two of Obama's answers were pretty near perfect: his wife and his maternal grandmother. For his third, he named two Republican and two Democratic legislators, which is a little cheesy.

McCain's wise men were ridiculous: Rep. John Lewis (who says he never talks to McCain), former eBay CEO Meg Whitman (huh?) and Gen. David Petraeus (vomit). Why didn't he name his wife? She may seem like a ninny, but she's HIS ninny.

No comments: