Friday, December 12, 2008

Don't Read This, Mom!

Have you guys read about the two KFC workers who were fired (and one who quit) for bathing in the dish-cleaning sink?  Click here for the story.  And if you want to see the pictures (yikes!), click here.  What on earth would possess you to do that?  Think of the grease and chicken bits floating in that sink.  Butter.  Lard.  Blech.

I have to say, I'm more the bubble bath type...not the wallow in grease type.  

My favorite part of the story is this section:
A KFC manager said the young woman who quit expressed an interest in taking a bath in the sink, but the manager told her not to do it.
Had "expressed an interest?"  Did she gaze longingly at the sink and say "Gosh, when I see all those dirty dishes covered in grease floating around in that harsh fast-food restaurant dish soap next to those gnawed-on chicken bones, I think relaxation.  In fact, I think bubble-time."

I worked at Hardee's for a summer (midnight shift - woo hoo!)  and never once wanted to take a bath anywhere in the place.  (I didn't even want to eat there!)  In fact, my clothes smelled like french fries that entire summer -- I can't imagine what bathing there would've done to my person.

No comments: