Thursday, January 29, 2009

Car + Ice = Mess

Yesterday, I came out of my apartment to find my car entombed in ice.  I immediately added "garage" to my future house must-haves.  I was looking at a couple online and when I saw "street parking," I immediately said buh-bye.

It took me 20 minutes to scrape off enough ice to drive to work.  I finally gave up scraping and began whacking my car with the scraper.  (It didn't help.)

Unfortunately, I forgot to free my windshield wipers AND it was snowing, so I had a bit of a visibility issue.  The bottom half of my windshield had chunks of ice and top half was all blurry from the snow.  Although, since I was the only person in the world who had to work yesterday, I was only in danger of harming myself.

I think Columbus is a little freaky about snow - and the road dudes are not super-great at plowing.  When I lived in Maine, we hardly ever had snow days and we certainly got a lot more than 4 inches.  

No comments: